Dear Adrian Essex
Thank you so much for taking the time to sign the ‘Save Hornsey Town Hall’ petition
. We wanted to let you know that we sent it to the leader and Cabinet of Haringey Council on Tuesday when it passed 1000 signatures.
You can read the letter that accompanied the petition here
. It’s long but we wanted to spell out exactly why Haringey Council should be considering Community Asset Transfer as the best way to safeguard community use and access in the long term.
The campaign is by no means over… Our next target is to reach 2,200 signatures which should entitle us to trigger a full council debate on the issue. Please help us by forwarding, sharing and tweeting about the campaign and getting everyone you know to sign the petition
Many hundreds of visitors enjoyed the Open House at the Town Hall this weekend and three of us were there to represent the campaign. The photos below show the three in situ and the Asset of Community Value certificate in place on a Town Hall wall.
If you’d like to take an active part in the campaign we are especially looking for:
- someone to cast an eye over the business case with a view to improving it
- a lawyer who could give some pro bono hours, especially if you understand property and/or OJEU
- someone to make our Twitter and Instagram accounts humdingers
- someone who understands buildings, an architect perhaps, or a surveyor or conservation expert
- community and arts groups who want to join the campaign
The HTHAS team